Age and generation issues in the workplace, stigma in the workplace, mentoring relationships, high potential designation, humor at work.
Frequently Taught Classes
- PSYC 372 Social Psychology
- PSYC 434 Industrial and Organizational Psychology Lab
- PSYC 471 Industrial/Organizational Psychology
- PSYC 616 Organizational Psychology
- PSYC 617 Individual Assessment in Organizational Settings
- PSYC 619 Psychology of Organizational Development and Training
- Imose, R., & Finkelstein, L. (2018). A multi-level theoretical framework integrating diversity and emotional labor Group and Organization Management, 43, 718-751.
- Kraiger, K., Finkelstein, L. & Varghese, L. (2018). Enacting effective mentoring behaviors: Development and initial investigation of the cuboid of mentoring. Journal of Business and Psychology.
- Finkelstein, L., Costanza, D., & Goodwin, G. (2018). Do your HiPos have potential? The impact of individual differences and designation on leader success. Personnel Psychology, 71, 3-22.
- Finkelstein, L. M, King, E. B., & Voyles, E. C. (2015). Metastereotypes and cross-age interactions at work: A meta view of stereotypes in the workplace. Work, Aging, and Retirement, 1, 26-40.
- Santuzzi, A. M., Waltz, P. R., Rupp, D. E., & Finkelstein, L. M. (2014). Invisible disabilities: Unique challenges for employees and organizations. Industrial and Organizational Psychology: Perspectives on Science and Practice, 7, 204-219.
- Finkelstein, L. M., Allen, T. D., Ritchie, T. D., Lynch, J.E., & Montei, M. S. (2012). A dyadic examination of the role of relationship characteristics and age on relationship satisfaction in a formal mentoring program. European Journal of Work and Organizational Psychology, 21, 803-827.
- Commisso, M, & Finkelstein, L. (2012). Physical attractiveness bias in employee termination. Journal of Applied Social Psychology, 42, 2968-2987..
- Allen, T. D., Finkelstein, L. M., & Poteet, M. L. (2009). Designing Workplace Mentoring Programs: An Evidence-Based Approach. Malden, MA: Wiley-Blackwell.
- Finkelstein, L. M., DeMuth, R. L. F., & Sweeney, D. L. (2007). Obesity discrimination in employment: Further exploration of moderators and mediators. Human Resource Management Journal 46, 203-222.
- Finkelstein, L. M. & Farrell, S.K. (2007). An expanded view of age bias in the workplace. In K. Shultz and G. Adams (Eds.) Aging and Work in the 21st Century (pp. 73-108). Hillsdale, NJ: Lawrence Erlbaum.
- Finkelstein, L. M., & Poteet, M. L. (2005). Best practices in formal mentoring programs in organizations. In T. Allen and L. Eby (Eds.) The Blackwell Handbook of Mentoring. (pp. 345-368). Malden, MA: Blackwell Press.
- Goldberg, C., Finkelstein, L., Konrad, A., & Perry, E. (2004). Matching people with jobs and industries: The effects of age and gender matches on career progress outcomes. Journal of Organizational Behavior, 25, 807-829.
- Finkelstein, L. M., Allen, T. D., & Rhoton, L. (2003). Examining the role of age in mentoring relationships. Group and Organization Management, 28, 249-281.
- Perry, E. L., & Finkelstein, L. M. (1999). Toward a broader view of age discrimination in employment-related decisions: A joint consideration of organizational factors and cognitive processes. Human Resource Management Review, 9, 21-49.
- Finkelstein, L. M., Burke, M. J., & Raju, N. S. (1995). Age discrimination in simulated employment contexts: An integrative analysis. Journal of Applied Psychology, 80, 652-663.