Outstanding Service Nomination Information
Nominations may be submitted by any current or retired employee of NIU. Nominees must be full- or part-time, status Civil Service employees who have been continuously employed at NIU on or before February 1, 2007. Employees who were laid off, on leave, or hold less than twelve month positions are eligible. Employees who will retire before July 1, 2013 are eligible. The award may only be received once by an employee. How to nominate an employee for this award:
- Complete the Nomination Form.
- Provide a letter of nomination based on the criteria listed below.
- Solicit TWO additional letters supporting the nomination. Current or retired NIU employees are eligible to write a letter. One of the letters may be from a non-NIU employee. Among the three letters (one nomination letter and two additional letters of support) make sure ALL three nomination criteria are addressed. Be specific and give examples. You are encouraged to ask your nominee to supply further informaiton if needed. Additional letters will not be reviewed.
- The nomination package containing this nomination form, one nomination letter, and two letters of support must be received in Human Resource Services no later than March 1, 2013, at 4:30 p.m. Address package to: Attention: Outstanding Service Awards Selection Committee. The nomination form, the nomination letter, and the two letters of support should be typed or written/printed legibly.
- Incomplete nomination packages will not be considered.
- If more than one nomination packet is submitted for the same employee, only the first nomination packet received will be reviewed.
Name ___________________________________ Date: _________________
Phone/E-mail __________________________________ _________________________
LETTERS OF SUPPORT
ATTENTION: OFFICE USE ONLY
Verify eligibility ______ Total years of service ________ Classification __________