- Health Services Home
- After Hours Medical Care
- About Us
- Appointments & Fees
- Available Services
- DeKalb/Sycamore Area Physicians
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Health Education
- Hours & Location
- Patient Rights & Responsibilities
- Privacy & Confidentiality
- Student Health Advisory Council (SHAC)
- Student Health Insurance
- Contact Us
- Student Affairs & Enrollment Management
Health Services administers allergy shots as a convenience to NIU students. This service is available to students for $35.00 per semester. All other costs for administering the injections are covered by the student's on-campus tuition and fees.
Allergy testing and serum preparation is NOT done at Health Services. The allergy clinic provides allergy injections, which are coordinated with the student's private allergist. All students must provide their allergy serum and an injection schedule from their allergist or physician. The serum provided by the allergist is stored in the clinic refrigerator. The injection schedule needs to include the following information:
- Patient's name
- Content and strength of mixture
- Interval time between doses
- Expiration date of serum
- Signature of physician or allergist
- Allergist office address and telephone number
Allergy shots are administered by trained nursing staff. Patients are asked to stay in the allergy clinic for thirty (30) minutes after the injection to allow the nurse to monitor for any reactions.
Allergy injections are provided on a walk-in basis during the hours listed below. (These hours may be subject to change from semester to semester.)
- Tuesday - 8:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
- Wednesday - 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Thursday - 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Friday - 8:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
For further information, please call 815-753-9760. The fax number is 815-753-9910.