Graduate Programs in Communication Studies
The Department of Communication offers a Master of Arts degree in communication studies. In consultation with faculty advisors, students may design individualized programs of study suited to their academic needs and interests.
Graduate course work available:
- Media studies
- Rhetorical studies
- Interpersonal, organizational and persuasive communication
- Coms 691 required in the first 12 semester hours of enrollment.
- Coms 630 required for students with assistantships during their first semester.
- Graduate students are required to take one class from each of the four areas (does not include research, communication education or internship).
- Students must complete 36 semester hours.
- Students must complete a thesis or 9 hours of written examination.
- It is not recommended for students to graduate in fewer than four semesters. It is possible to do so, but it requires an enormous time commitment.