Bethia H. King, Ph.D.
Professor and Honors Advisor
My research interests include behavioral ecology and entomology. Specifically my research is with parasitoid wasps that lay their eggs in the pupal stage of pest flies. The wasps are 2-3 mm long and do not sting.
- Mating systems and behavior
- Maternal manipulation of offspring sex
- Thanatosis ("playing dead")
- Activity levels
- Biological control
Other Areas of Interest
- Evolution versus creation science/intelligent design:
- Human Gender Issues in Science
- Jewel wasp (Nasonia vitripennis) in teaching
Course and Lab Information
- BIOS109 Human Biology
- BIOS205 Organismal Diversity
- BIOS 209 Fundamentals of Organismal Biology
- BIOS433 Behavioral Ecology
- BIOS453 Entomology
- BIOS661B Graduate Seminar
- BIOS370 and BIOS495H - Undergraduate Research, Biology Honors
- "How to get into Graduate School in Organismal Biology"