Department of Anthropology
Discover how anthropology comes alive through our faculty, staff and students. We are proud of our premiere undergraduate and graduate programs that engage students to actively understand the human condition and our primate relatives.
- Congratulations to Giovanni Bennardo, Ph.D. for winning the Board of Trustees Professorship
- Congratulations to Kristen Borre, Ph.D. for receiving a Certificate of Excellence in Online Teaching
- The Pick Museum of Anthropology won the Award of Superior Achievement for their exhibit Swept Under the Rug from the Illinois Association of Museums. The exhibit, curated by Safe Passage was developed by sexual assault survivors of all ages. The judges commended it as an "example of the power of community collaboration".
- Saidouri Zomaya, M.A. student in Cultural Anthropology, has written an article entitled Al-Hasakah, Syria, & Albany Park, Chicago, USA for the Refugees in Towns project based at the Feinstein International Center at Tufts University and funded by the Henry J. Leir Foundation.
- Micah Morton, Ph.D. co-authored an article in Asian Ethnology entitled "Where the Rubber Meets the Road: Shifting State-Society Relations and Emerging Resource Frontiers in China's Southwest Borderlands."