- Supportive Professional Staff Council
- Dependent Scholarship
The Supportive Professional Staff (SPS) Dependent Scholarship supports NIU students who are the children and grandchildren of SPS employees. Each $1,000 scholarship provides financial assistance to a deserving student. Additionally, we offer a $500 award for students where an SPS employee made a significant impact in their life. With your support, we have already awarded several scholarships from the fund. Please help us continue to make an award each year.
Make a Donation
There are three ways to donate. Your contribution is tax deductible.
Apply For The Scholarship
You can apply for the scholarship if you are:
- The child or grandchild of an SPS employee (biological, adopted, foster, step or legal guardianship).
- The mentee, neighbor or extended family of an SPS employee. If an SPS employee had a significant impact on your life in a manner not listed above, please specify in the application.
- Attending NIU full time with a minimum 2.5 GPA (transfer students must have a 3.0 GPA)
- Pursuing an undergraduate, graduate or professional degree.
Fill out the SPS Dependent Scholarship Application by Feb. 14 to be considered for the following academic year. The application asks about your relationship with an SPS employee, the impact of an SPS employee in your life, and what it means to be a Huskie.
- 2021-22: Samuel Hancock
- 2020-21: Adam Walter
- 2019-20: Karissa Olsen
- 2018-19: Allie Schneider
- 2017-18: Katharine "Katie" Denius
- 2016-17: Daphne Voorhis
- 2015-16: Leyla Puskar
- 2014-15: Lydia Moore
- 2013-14: Mason Bross