Crime Prevention Officers
Our Community Relations and Crime Prevention Officers are responsible for implementing community-oriented policing philosophy through the development of programs and partnerships with NIU DeKalb students, local residents and community groups.
The community relations and crime prevention functions include but are not limited to:
- Building partnerships and relationships with the students, faculty, and staff of NIU
- Acting as a liaison with existing student and community organizations
- Publicizing department objectives and achievements
- Identifying community concerns and conveying that information to the department
- Developing problem-oriented or community policing strategies
- Coordinating special events such as the Citizen Police Academy and open house/orientation programs.
- Delivering crime prevention literature and information at educational programming and community events.
- Answering questions from community members about department events
If you have additional questions about the programs listed above, please contact us at email@example.com.
- Police Operations
In case of emergency: Call 911
Non-Emergency Phone Number: 815-753-1212