How to Apply
- This is the fun part! Come up with an idea for an independent research or artistry project and share your idea with a faculty member in your department.
- Review the proposal guidelines and requirements.
- View examples of successful proposals (see the list below).
- Complete and submit an electronic copy of your proposal with your professor’s signature to email@example.com by the deadline. (Please include all supplemental materials with your proposal).
If your Project is Selected
- If your project is selected, you will receive a grant up to $2,500. You can use these funds between January 1 and December 31.
- You are responsible for covering expenses beyond $2,500.
- You must submit documentation (final report, original receipts, and pictures) to the Office of Student Engagement & Experiential Learning within six weeks of completion of your project.
These successful proposals may help you better understand how to write a proposal for your research idea.
- Artifacts from Irish Burial Sites
- Breast Cancer Awareness Program in Kenya, Africa
- Does Nitric Oxide Regulate Pancreatic Secretion?
- From Renaissance to Rococo: Art in Central Europe
- Healthcare Facilities Provided for HIV and AIDS Patients in Kenya
- Inhibitors-Chelated Sol-gel Coatings for Metal Finishing
- Intensive Study of Spanish Dance
- Intensive Study of Stanislavsky Method: History and Future
- Material Handling and Storage System
- NIU’s 2000 Sicily Archaeological Field School/a>
- Roses in Bloom: Historic English Gardens
- Study of Indigenous Chinese Instruments in Beijing, China
- University Honors Programs Best Practices: A Comparative Study
2019 Submission Deadline: November 15, 2018
- Undergraduate Special Opportunities in Artistry and Research Program (USOAR)
- Undergraduate Research
Office of Student Engagement and Experiential Learning
Altgeld Hall 100
Monday - Friday
8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.