Community College Student and Faculty Invitational Exhibition
Jan. 15-Feb. 4, 2023, Northern Illinois University, School of Art and Design
Entry Deadline: Jan. 8, 2023
Community College Student Exhibition will be held virtually.
Community College Student Exhibition will be a juried exhibition.
Community College Faculty Exhibition will be held in the Annette and Jerry Johns Gallery in Jack Arends Hall.
This show is devised to promote NIU’s art program to prospective transfer students as well as provide a networking opportunity for art education professionals from NIU and Illinois community colleges. Community college art faculty from across Illinois are invited to submit artwork for the event. Works will be accepted on a first-come-first-served basis till maximum capacity for the exhibition is reached.
Face to Face Reception for Students and Faculty
Reception, Feb. 2, 2 p.m. to 4 p.m., Annette and Jerry Johns Art Gallery, Jack Arends Hall, NIU
Virtual Student Reception
The virtual reception will be held from 5 p.m. to 6 p.m., Wednesday, February 1. A link will be sent to participating students and faculty as we approach the date.
If you have any questions, contact John Siblik at firstname.lastname@example.org, 815-753-5223, email@example.com.
- Art students and faculty submitting artwork must be from community colleges within Illinois.
- All media will be accepted including design, photography, new media and traditional 2D and 3D artworks.
- Faculty artwork must be ready to hang or display.
- Size limit for 2D artwork is 48" x 96".
- Size limit for 3D artwork is 3' x 3' x 6'.
- Faculty artwork that does not meet these criteria will not be exhibited. Each artist will be required to sign a loan agreement PDF.
Liam Dee, William Rainey Harper College
- Students: Each student applicant may submit up to two artworks.
- Faculty: Each faculty member may submit one image due to space limitations in the Annette and Jerry Johns Art Gallery in Jack Arends Hall.
- You must include a digital image in .jpeg or .pdf format 1900px by 1080px 300 dpi image size and identify the title, size and medium of each artwork.
- The digital image uploaded on the entry form is to be a single image used for the virtual exhibit.
- There is no fee for submission.
Entry Form Submission
The online entry form deadline is Jan. 8, 2023.
Delivery of artwork by faculty for Faculty Invitational
Faculty must deliver their artwork to arrive by:
- January 10-14, 2023, between 8 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.
Please deliver or drop off artwork to:
Northern Illinois University
School of Art and Design
Jack Arends Hall, Room 216
330 Gilbert Ave.
DeKalb, IL 60115
Attn: Community College Art Exhibition
Faculty artwork pick-up
February 4-7, 2023
Between 8 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.
Please contact John Siblik at firstname.lastname@example.org if other arrangements are required.
Responsibility for artwork
All reasonable care will be given to artwork. The NIU School of Art and Design is not responsnible for any damages or loss that may occur while the work is on the premises.
Juried Student Exhibit: The Community College student portion of the exhibit will be virtual and hosted on the NIU website. Community College student artworks will be selected by a juror for inclusion in the virtual exhibit.