Welcome to NIU Parking Services! Here you will find all the information you need to park on campus. Here are some important links to get you started.
- Buy a Parking Permit
- Permit Rates
- Find Parking Spaces
- Tickets and Fines
- Parking Rules and NEW Changes
- Effective December 5, 2016: Any student who is interested in a Spring Student Reserve Permit must come to our office to make the request. Any questions please call (815) 753-1045.
- Effective December 5, 2016: Spring and Spring/Summer permits go on sale in our office and online. There is a $10 discount when permits are purchased online.
- November 16, 2016: Just a Reminder! Bikes are due back on or before November 21, 2016. Check in times are: Monday - Friday, 7:30 am - 3:30 pm
- Effective November 15, 2016: the Stevens Building construction continues. In Lot 16 blue parking spaces are being utilized for construction vehicles only until further notice.
- Effective October 20, 2016: Lot 3 will be closed for Homecoming.
- Effective October 20, 2016: the Northwest stairwell will be closed for repairs and maintenance until further notice.
- Effective October 11, 2016: additional Yellow Permit parking spaces have been added in Lot C. As always, it is the drivers responsibilty to read ALL posted signs and follow Campus Parking Rules and Regulations.
- Permit prices for the 2016-2017 year are now posted. They can be found on the Permit Rate Page.
- As of June 1, 2016: Office Hours are Monday-Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Effective June 1, 2016, Campus Parking Services implemented new policies regarding the payment of tickets and filing appeals: Previously we allowed 10 business days to file an appeal. Anyone wishing to appeal a ticket will have 10 calendar days to file the appeal, either online or in the office.
- Also, a ticket that is reducible, by half price, will need to be paid by the date that is printed on the ticket (2 calendar days). If paid by mail, it must be postmarked within 2 calendar days. Visitors receiving a "No NIU Registration" ticket will have 10 calendar days to call in to have their ticket lowered to the "$5.00 Daily Visitor Fee". If paid by mail, it must be postmarked within the 10 calendar days. Tickets can also be paid, or appeals filed, using the Drop Box located on the East side of our building, or 24/7 online.