Here you will find all the information you need to park on campus.
Here are some important links to get you started.
- Buy a Parking Permit
- Permit Rates
- Find Parking Spaces
- Tickets and Fines
- Parking Rules and NEW Changes
- Effective February 28, 2017: in Lot 15E there will be 19 additional Blue/Yellow parking spaces available.
- Effective December 5, 2016: Spring and Spring/Summer permits go on sale in our office and online. There is a $10 discount when permits are purchased online.
- Effective November 15, 2016: the Stevens Building construction continues. In Lot 16 blue parking spaces are being utilized for construction vehicles only until further notice.
- Effective October 11, 2016: additional Yellow Permit parking spaces have been added in Lot C. As always, it is the drivers responsibility to read ALL posted signs and follow Campus Parking Rules and Regulations.
- Permit prices for the 2016-2017 year are now posted. They can be found on the Permit Rate Page.
- As of June 1, 2016: Office Hours are Monday-Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Effective June 1, 2016: New policies are in place regarding payments of tickets and filing appeals.
- Tickets: A ticket, that is reducible by half price, will need to be paid within 48 hours of issuance. Tickets can be paid in our office during regular business hours, placed in a drop box by the east side door or online, 24\7, at our website https://prkapp.niu.edu/
- Mailed Tickets: if reducible, must be postmarked within the 2 calendar days of issuance.
- Visitors: who receive a “No NIU Registration” ticket will have 10 calendar days from date of issuance to call our office in order to have their ticket reduced to a “$5.00 Daily Visitor Fee”.
- Appealing Tickets: Tickets must be appealed within 10 calendar days of issuance. Appealing a ticket can be done in our office during regular business hours, or online, 24\7, at our website https://prkapp.niu.edu/