Huskie Service Scholars
Huskie Service Scholars (HSS) is a program in which eligible freshmen and first-semester transfer students connect through a supportive peer network and engage in weekly service activities on-campus and in the community. Students work in teams at different campus partner sites and meet monthly during cohort meetings geared toward professional development and academic resources. Each team is led by a Peer Mentor who facilitates additional team meetings and group reflection on their service experience.
As an HSS fellow you will:
- Make a difference on campus or in our surrounding community
- Grow your academic, social, and civic knowledge, and vocational skills
- Attend professional and academic enrichment activities
- Be required to complete 300 hours of combined service and /or mentoring
- Present your work at the annual Community Engagement Showcase
- Receive $1,200 partial tuition waiver
You can read more information on eligibility and the program application. For any additional information, please email email@example.com.