Engaged learning within the Department of Psychology is encourage through many avenues. From working with faculty through various research opportunities in our many labs and facilities to joining student organizations and earning your degree with honors.
- Research: All students majoring in psychology participate in a sequential set of learning experiences designed specifically to provide them with practice in conducting psychological research. You’ll collaborate in groups to design a research study, conduct data analyses, write research reports and present findings.
- Independent Study: You can enroll in independent study and receive course credit for working in a research lab or working with a faculty member on a research project.
- Internships: An internship experience gives you a competitive edge by providing real-world experiences that complement your in-class work.
- Departmental Undergraduate Research Conference: All students have the opportunity to present original research at this annual event. You’ll prepare a poster to showcase your work, present findings and answer questions about your research. Faculty judges evaluate the quality of the posters and presentations.
- Join SPA! The Student Psychological Association (SPA) is a student-run organization open to all majors. Join us to get to know our faculty, learn more about research experiences and find great volunteer opportunities.