Nonprofit Job Board
Looking for a job at a local nonprofit? Check back often for new postings!
Click on each job name to view or collapse the full details.
Want to post a position? There is no charge — use the form at the bottom of this page.
Contact name: Jaretlzi Renteria
Contact email: email@example.com
Organization: Evanston/Skokie School District 65
Open job title: Teachr (various)
The Evanston/Skokie School District 65 has various teaching positions open in general education and special education. View complete listings and job descriptions.
How to Apply
Qualified applicants may submit an application online.
Contact name: Elaine Breck
Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Organization: Rockford Promise
Open job title: Executive Director
The executive director position will oversee day-to-day programmatic operations, fundraising and supervision of staff. The ideal executive director candidate will have demonstrated experience with high levels of success in the following areas:
- Fundraising and partnership development
- Managing a high performing team
- Political savvy
- Working with post-secondary students and community volunteers
- Leading a successful organization to reach its collective goals.
This is an outstanding position for a results-driven leader with a passion for increasing access to education and economic opportunity for all Rockford public school students to scale Rockford Promise's operations and program services, bringing it from an early-stage start-up to a fully sustainable nonprofit organization.
An excellent fit for the executive director position will be an individual who can be a passionate and articulate advocate for Rockford Promise and Promise Scholars, and who is willing to serve as the external face of Rockford Promise; who is excited by Rockford Promise's mission and can successfully inspire others to support its mission and vision; and who has knowledgeable about the barriers to academic success graduates of the Rockford Public Schools face as they pursue their paths towards college and career.
The executive director is a full-time, exempt salaried position.
The executive director is responsible for overseeing the administration, programs and strategic plan of Rockford Promise. Other key duties include fundraising, marketing, and community outreach.
- Communicating effectively with the Board President and Board of Directors, and providing in a timely and accurate manner, all information necessary for the Board to function properly and make informed decisions.
- Responsible for signing all notes, agreements, and other instruments made and entered into and on behalf of Rockford Promise.
- Building strategic partnerships to support Rockford Promise's objectives—developing and maintaining strong relationships with program partners and key stakeholders (such as Rock Valley College, Rockford University, RPS205, the Mayor's Office, etc.), ensuring open lines of communication at all times and addressing issues and concerns in a timely and constructive manner.
- Responsible for fiscal management that generally anticipates operating within the approved budget, ensures maximum resource utilization, and maintenance of Rockford Promise in a positive financial position.
- Leading efforts to raise the funds necessary to support a board-approved annual operating budget.
- Revising the program vision and mission every three (3) years and ensure the organization has adequate resources and support to implement this vision.
- Setting overall programmatic goals and strategic objectives, metrics and measurements, and meeting those goals.
- Developing and coordinating a system that delivers high-quality services to meet Promise Scholar's academic and other needs so that they can successfully obtain their degree/certificate including establishing a personal relationship with scholars and managing the mentor volunteer program.
- Ensuring adequate data is collected and maintained for the purposes of program evaluation.
- Responsible for making recommendations to the Board of Directors regarding hiring and retention of competent, qualified staff.
- Responsible for the supervision of staff.
- Ensuring that staff has clear lines of communication; that each person is treated equitably and is receiving regular feedback, support and evaluation of their own professional progress and areas for development.
- Leading the scholarship marketing and scholar selection processes.
- Bachelor's degree or higher
- High-achieving executive with ten plus (10+) years of professional nonprofit management experience, including demonstrated knowledge of recruitment, oversight, coaching, and supervision and development of staff and volunteers;
- Exceptional relationship builder with demonstrated experience in quickly gaining the confidence of and building trust with a board of directors, staff, funding entities, program partners, students, families and broader community leaders;
- Experienced fundraiser with a track-record of meeting (or surpassing) ambitious fundraising goals over a sustained period, including comfort engaging with high-net worth individuals;
- Transparent and high integrity leader with the demonstrated ability to navigate complex relationships/partnerships, galvanize the community to achieve a bold vision, and effectively realize the organization's stated impact and outcomes;
- Demonstrated capabilities in financial management, and who is able to ensure the budgetary health and sustainability of Rockford Promise by making sound financial decisions and ensuring revenue exceeds expenses at all times;
- Dynamic and versatile, able to engage a variety of stakeholders in dialogue and speak in a clear, compelling and authentic manner about Rockford Promise's goals and priorities and its plans towards meeting them.
How to Apply
Please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Only applicants who meet the stated requirements will be considered.
Contact name: April Adams
Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Organization: Milestone, Inc.
Open Job Title: Registered Nurse
Under the supervision of the director and assistant director of nursing, the Registered Nurse is responsible for performing assigned nursing procedures for the comfort and well-being of the residents of Milestone, Inc.
How to Apply
View full job description and application information.
Contact Name: Stephanie Rains Contact Email: StephanieR@nwhomestart.org
Position Title: Housing Counselor Organization: NW HomeStart, Inc
HomeStart is hiring a Housing Counselor to work in our Rockford and Freeport offices. The Housing Counselor provides comprehensive pre-purchase counseling, foreclosure prevention/intervention counseling, financial capabilities coaching, and home buyer education. Come join our growing agency!
How to Apply
Please send cover letter and resume to Stephanie Rains, StephanieR@nwhomestart.org
Contact Name: Courtney Geiger Contact Email: email@example.com
Position Title: Mission Integration Manager Organization: Goodwill Industries of Northern Illinois
Goodwill Industries is seeking a Mission Integration Manager. The Mission Integration Manager is responsible for the development and execution of Goodwill’s Mission Services programs in the retail environment in Goodwill’s service territory, spanning 18 counties. The Mission Integration Manager will ensure successful operations of supported work programs and mission partnerships, as well as work to develop new programs, tools, and resources that result in mission services for individuals with barriers to employment in the communities Goodwill serves. Read the full job description.
How to Apply
Post a Job Listing
Please fill out the form in its entirety. If you have questions about or issues with the form, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact UsNorthern Illinois Center for Nonprofit Excellence
8500 East State St
Rockford, IL 61108