Contact name: Mr. Chris Wrate
Contact email: email@example.com
- Serves as the chief operating officer and reports to the School Board of Directors through its chair.
- Creative and thoughtful leader who inspires others with their passion and vision for lifelong engagement in music and the arts and provides effective leadership and management of the human and financial resources of The Music Academy.
- Responsible and accountable for all aspects of the organization, including planning, operations, budgeting, financial management, friend and fundraising in collaboration with The Music Academy Foundation (a separate 501c3 existing to serve the mission and vision of the School); marketing, public relations, and community engagement consistent with The Music Academy’s mission and vision.
- Provides impetus and support to the work of the School Board of Directors and The Music Academy Foundation board in developing the organization's vision and strategic plan and ensures that the Board and its committees have the information they need to work effectively on behalf of the organization.
- Recruits, hires, motivates, evaluates, and provides leadership to a high-caliber professional staff and faculty.
- Develops and maintains an environment that nurtures the ability of both the faculty and students who participate in Music Academy programs.
- Serves as chief spokesperson and represents The Music Academy throughout the community, encourages partnerships and collaborations that advance the mission of The Music Academy while providing the best possible educational, performance and musical experiences for all Music Academy constituents.
- Master's degree in music performance, music education, or arts administration.
- The ideal candidate is a leader who has a deep commitment to music education and experience working with the community.
- At least five years of experience in executive or senior management of a not-for-profit music or arts organization
- Strong working knowledge of music education and its methods and philosophies, artists and repertoire.
Compensation and Benefits
The salary range and benefits are commensurate with experience.
How to Apply
Please send a resume to Mr. Chris Wrate, Music Academy School Board members and chair, search committee at firstname.lastname@example.org