We invite you to grow with us as a NICNE member.
The Northern Illinois Center for Nonprofit Excellence (NICNE) has been working to strengthen organizations across northern Illinois, southern Wisconsin and beyond to ensure a strong vibrant nonprofit sector since August 2004. NICNE takes pride in being YOUR center for nonprofit excellence, providing:
- Education – strengthening nonprofits and their boards by teaching research-based best practices, and providing technical assistance, critical resources and opportunities for professional development.
- Innovation – leading transformative change focused on root causes and challenges in existing institutions and systems.
- Collaboration – engaging nonprofits and cross-sector partners and leading initiatives to help solve significant social issues, improve performance, and impact change.
- Advocacy – upholding the vital work of the sector, supporting organizations as they lead through bold promotion of their missions, and demonstration of social and economic impact.
We at NICNE believe that nonprofits are the soul of our community and we are committed to working with you to promote, model and grow innovation, excellence and social impact. Nonprofits improve lives and NICNE improves nonprofits by working to bridge the gaps between sectors, remove barriers to collaboration and lead social change. We hope that you recognize NICNE as a valuable partner helping you to strengthen your organization and uplift the value, creativity, resilience and impact of the sector. When you become a NICNE member you belong to a community of nonprofit leaders, board members and cross-sector partners who share common interests and goals and who support one another as we work together to meet our missions to make our community a better place every single day.
NICNE membership provides you with the information and resources you need to build and lead a strong organization. When you join NICNE, your entire board and staff will have access to many valuable benefits, including:
- 10% discount on the five-course Certificate in Nonprofit Management program ($125 total savings)
- 10% to 15% discount on other NICNE programs, training and events.
- 25% discount on space rental at NIU Rockford or Naperville campus for your meetings or events.
- Exclusive access to the 2022 Directory of Community, Corporate and Private Foundations of Northern Illinois.
- On-demand technical assistance from NICNE staff and resources from our library.
- Access to capacity-building services from professional consultants, including research and evaluation from NIU's Center for Governmental Studies.
- Exclusive prerelease access to the triennial State of the Nonprofit Sector Report and Salary and Benefits Survey.
- Learn new ideas to improve organizational impact and foster a culture of sustained innovation, partnership and collaboration.
- Exclusive opportunities to promote your news and events in NICNE's monthly newsletter which reaches nearly 2,000 area nonprofit professionals.
- Free unlimited postings on NICNE's nonprofit job board.
Membership extends from January to December, renewable on an annual basis. To ensure that all organizations can belong, our sliding scale membership fees are based on your self-reported annual operating budget. We take pride in being your center for nonprofit excellence and hope we have an opportunity to work with you in 2022. Please contact Billie Callahan, associate director at email@example.com with questions.
|Annual Operating Budget||Member Fees|
|$50,000 – $99,000||$175|
|$100,000 – $199,999||$225|
|$200,000 – $499,999||$275|
|$500,000 – $999,999||$325|
|$1M – $2M||$375|
|$2 M – $3.99M||$425|
|$4 M – $9.9M||$475|
Upon completion of payment above you will be directed to a brief membership enrollment questionnaire. Please email Billie Callahan, associate director, at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or if you would prefer to complete paper enrollment forms. 2022 Membership packets will be mailed at the beginning of January.