- Military and Post-Traditional Student Services
- Programs and Resources
- Huskie-2-Huskie Mentorship Program
Huskie-2-Huskie Mentorship Program
Are you looking for a peer mentor program just for post-traditional students?
The Huskie-2-Huskie (H-2-H) peer mentorship program connects new post-traditional student with returning post-traditional students who have successfully navigated their time at NIU. Our program allows for the flexibility that many post-traditional students need by connecting with your mentor/mentee twice a month either in person or through whichever electronic means works best for each pair.
H-2-H would love to have a group of mentors and mentees that represent our diverse post-traditional student population – commuters, transfers, student parents, international students, military students, adult learners and first-generation students.
- Grow your support network
- Find answers to academic and personal questions
- Get involved
- Locate university and community resources
- Gain leadership and professional skills
- Build your resume
- Share your experiences with new students
- Gain great mentoring and volunteer experience