What's Happening with the OSC?
StaffFest 2015 is Thursday, August 6 from 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
Extended deadline! RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, July 31 to be entered into the prize raffle!
- Location: Duke Ellington Ballroom
- Menu (subject to change): buffet-style lunch with pulled pork sandwiches, greek style chicken, vegetable egg rolls, fried rice, pasta salad, fruit salad, and desserts & beverages
- Remember to bring cash for the 50/50 Raffle to help fund the 2016 Dependent Scholarship for children of Operating Staff.
- If you would like to donate to the Huskies Student Food Pantry, you may bring nonperishable food and other necessities for students in need of support. Drop off boxes will be at the entrance.
- Please view and print the StaffFest Flyer and post it in your department.
The Operating Staff Council is here to represent all operating staff employees in the shared governance at NIU. Please feel free to contact any OSC member if you have questions or concerns. The OSC meetings are open meetings and anyone can attend.
- Meetings are held the first Thursday of each month at 9:00 a.m.
- Usually OSC meetings for 2014-2015 will be held in the Holmes Student Center Sky Room.
- View current meeting minutes. The August meeting agenda is not currently available.
- StaffFest 2014 photos
- StaffFest 2013 video
- 2015 Dependent Scholarship winners
Three dependents of NIU operating staff earned scholarship money for their fall 2015 and spring 2016 semesters.
- 2015 Outstanding Service Award recipients
Watch for the next Workplace Issues Committee Survey where you can give us your suggestions on more workshops you would like to attend.
News You Can Use
The latest edition of the Northern Staff News is available here.
NIU Today is your online news source that keeps you in-the-know about all things NIU. Check it out at niutoday.info.