Prefered supposted local hotels
3-5 p.m., Saturday, September 21
Orientation &Family Connections tent located inside the fenced area for the Oktoberfest Beer Garden
- Orientation & Family Connections Tailgating Grill by Whitman's Catering - Ticket price includes 2 sandwiches (choice of burger, brat, or chicken breast), sides, non-alcoholic drink, and dessert. Save on a Family Pack of food tickets. Food is Pre-paid ticket only, no cash sale food will be available in HFC tent.
- Come join us to Huskie-up for the football game with tailgate games and prizes.
- Live music at Oktoberfest (sponosored by NIU Athletics) before and after game.
6 p.m., Saturday, September 21
Join us in cheering the Fabulous Huskie Football team to victory against Eastern IL.
It is the White Out game, so wear white Huskie Spirit attire.
There are 2 ticket options:
- East Side tickets are in the Student Seating Area. If you would like to sit on the same side of the stadium as your NIU student, then you should purchase East Side tickets. NIU student tickets for this section are FREE and can be picked up the week of game at the Convocation Center (must show OneCard).
- West Side tickets are all reserved seating. Your NIU student cannot use the OneCard to get a ticket on this side of the stadium for free. If you choose the West Side seating and you would like to sit with your student, you will need to purchase a ticket for your NIU student.
5-8 p.m., Friday, September 20
Ellingtons, Holmes Student Center
$12 per person-advanced tickets suggested
The following will be served as a self-serve buffet for carry-out or dine in.
- Sliced Turkey Breast, Roast Beef, and Ham. Chicken Salad with Grapes and Walnuts
- Assorted Sliced Cheeses Leaf lettuce, Spinach Leaves, Sliced Tomato, Sliced Onion, Pepper Rings and Pickles
- Assorted Gourmet Mustards and Mayonnaises Croissants, Ciabatta bread, and other Assorted Fresh Breads
- Fresh Tossed Green Salad with Dressings Black Bean and Mango Salad with Wild Rice and Lime dressing
- Homemade Lemon Bars Chewy Fruit and Oatmeal Bars
- Fresh Brewed Iced Tea, Lemonade, and Coffee.
Friday and Saturday.
Huskie Den, Holmes Student Center
Have some gaming fun at the Huskie Den in the Holmes Student Center and help Huskie Alternative Break (HAB) service trips. Purchase a $10 pass, valid from 6 to 9 p.m. Friday AND any two hours of your choice on Saturday from 1 p.m. to 1 a.m. $6 of your purchase will go to HAB. Tickets may be purchased at the Huskie Den, lower level of the Holmes Student Center.
Pick up 10-11 a.m, Saturday, Sept. 21.; Drop off 2:30-3:30 p.m., Sunday, September 22
Enjoy a scenic tour of DeKalb or the NIU campus by touring on bicycles. Maps will be provided at check-in and also available to download. You can bring your own bikes or rent them from Outdoor Adventure. Prices to rent are $8.00 per day, helmet included. Pick up on Saturday from 10:00 - 11:00 am. Drop-off on Sunday from 2:30 - 3:30 pm. Contact Outdoor Adventure at 815-753-9423 with any questions.
10-10:45 a.m. or 11-11:45 a.m.,
Saturday, September 21
Tour one of NIU’s 35 laboratories where students can get first-hand experience in areas ranging from digital signal processing, robotics, microelectronics to welding. Tours are Saturday 10:00 am -10:45 am and 11:00am – 11:45 am. Reservations are appreciated but not required for this event.
9:30 a.m.-12 noon., Sunday September, 22
The Newman Center is hosting a Pancake Breakfast for Fall Family Weekend. Eat and enjoy pancakes while supporting Newman Alternative Spring Break Service Trips. This is a program that allows students to spend their spring break serving communities in a positive way. Reservations are appreciated but not required. Donations are appreciated!