Ryzhov Research Group
Welcome to the Ryzhov Group!
The Ryzhov group in spring 2018. From left to right: Allison Carr, Elettra Piacentino, Patrick Vanderjack, Kenny Mundorf, Edwin Rodriguez, Victor Ryzhov, Rafael Quintana, Kevin Parker
In the News
- Sean Fanning, (Ph.D., 2012, advisor - Prof. Horn) started an assistant professor position in the
Department of Cancer Biology of Loyola University (Chicago) Stritch School of Medicine
- Heather Barkholtz (Ph.D., 2016, advisor - Prof. Xu) started an assistant professor position in the Department of Toxicology at the University of Wisconsin - Madison with a joint appointment at Wisconsin State Laboratory of Hygiene.
- Congratulations to Erik Sarnello (Ph.D. candidate, advisor - Prof. Li) who has been awarded a highly competitive Department of Energy fellowship from the Office of Science, Graduate Student Research Program for AY 2021!
- Undergraduate students Allie and Nic have officially accepted offers for graduate studies at The University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign and The University of Wisconsin-Madison, respectively!
- Recent publications from our group and collaboration with the O’Hair group (University of Melbourne, Australia) have detailed the role of metal catalysts in C-H activation of ethane and hexane, as well as their role in deoxygenation and cracking of fatty acids.
- Kevin Parker was awarded the Dissertation Completion Fellowship for his final year of graduate studies.