Ryzhov Research Group
In the News
- Undergraduate student Alex Buzenski accepted a position as an associate scientist I at AbbVie Pharmaceuticals in North Chicago after earning his B.S. in chemistry!
- Undergraduate student Julia Hoffman was accepted to the University of Wisconsin-Madison for the Ph.D. program!
- Robert (Bobby) King published his current research from our group and collaboration with the O’Hair group (University of Melbourne, Australia) in the ACS journal, organometallics, detailing dehydrogenation of liquid organic hydrogen carries with CpM+
- Anthony Fanizza and Robert (Bobby) King presented their respective research at the 2022 American Society of Mass Spectrometry (ASMS) conference in Minneapolis.
- Kevin Parker successfully defended his Ph.D. and accepted a position as a Senior Scientist at AbbVie Pharmaceuticals in North Chicago!
- Undergraduate student Julia Hoffman applied and accepted an internship position with Argonne National Laboratory, focusing on Raman Spectroscopy.
- Anthony Fanizza accepted an internship position at international polymer company, Covestro, on their analytical R&D Team.
- Francis Esuon will participate in a summer research study with The Institute for the Study of Environment, Sustainability and Energy (ESE) at Northern Illinois University collaborating with Dr. Melissa Lenczewski, focusing on PFAS detection in the environment.
- Kevin Parker has spent three weeks at the Fritz Haber Institute of the Max Planck Society (Berlin, Germany) to study the IR Spectroscopy of some of our deoxygenation systems under Dr. Gert von Helden.
- Anthony Fanizza and Bobby King traveled to Columbus, Ohio for Anthony’s poster presentation at the annual MUACC conference detailing his recent work.
- Ryzhov took a trip to visit the lab of Dr. Hao Chen at the New Jersey Institute of Technology to study how electrochemistry can be paired with mass spectrometry as well as other novel ionization techniques.