- Military and Post-Traditional Student Services
- Military Student Resources
- Financial Information
- Current Student Checklist
Current Student Checklist
Maintaining your educational benefits is easy at NIU.
- Once your Enrollment Certification Request has been processed by Military and Post-Traditional Student Services, you must verify your attendance each month you are enrolled in school. This will trigger your monthly payment. You can verify by phone at 877-823-2378 or online at the VA WAVE (Chapters 31, 33 and 35 students are exempt).
- Fill out an Enrollment Certification Request after you have registered for classes in order to collect your Montgomery G.I. Bill. If your enrollment changes after you submit the Enrollment Certification Request, you must notify Military and Post-Traditional Student Services.
- Please stop by, call or e-mail Military and Post-Traditional Student Services to ensure that your Illinois Veteran Grant, Illinois National Guard Grant or MIA/POW Scholarship has been applied to your account.
- Re-Apply for Financial Aid.
When changing your major or program of study
- Complete and submit the Change of Program/Place of Training form to Military and Post-Traditional Student Services.