The Center for the Interdisciplinary Study of Language and Literacy (CISLL) is an interdisciplinary center for the study of lifespan language and literacy across diverse populations and contexts, both regionally and globally.
CISLL's expertise includes research about:
- The development of language and literacy skills across the lifespan.
- Literacy skills for changing technologies and communications.
- How people teach, learn, understand and produce spoken and written language.
- Understanding why some individuals struggle in these domains, and how to help.
- How these processes and activities can be optimized for all individuals.
Become an affiliate to join CISLL's student and faculty affiliates in taking advantage of resources and opportunities provided by CISLL.
Affiliates in the Spotlight