Computing Facilities Advisory Committee
The Computing Facilities Advisory Committee (CFAC) is a Committee of the University defined on the University Council website.
CFAC is advisory to the Chief Information Officer. The functions of the Computing Facilities Advisory Committee are:
- Advise the chief information officer in matters of technology, as well as its application and accessibility, to assure that the interests of the university are adequately served. Such advice may include, but shall not be limited to, matters of:
- policy, planning, and priorities;
- the scope of general support and services provided to the university community; and
- the efficacy of general support and services provided to the university community.
- Convey recommendations and impressions about major changes, deletions, and new technologies that have had or will have a broad effect on the campus. Be a conduit for communications from the campus to IT.
- Convey the advice from and response to the committee back to each member's representative community in a timely and accurate manner. Be a conduit for communication from IT to the campus.
- Continually develop and implement additional procedures to improve communication of current policies and notification of proposed changes in information technologies to faculty most likely to be affected by such policies and changes in technologies.
Substantive changes in policy are subject to
22 Sep 2017: 2:00 - 4:00 p.m.
17 Nov 2017: 2:00 - 4:00 p.m.
16 Feb 2018: 2:00 - 4:00 p.m.
13 Apr 2018: 2:00 - 4:00 p.m.
|Chief Academic Officer||Jason Rhode (designee)|
|Chief Information Officer||Matt Parks (non-voting)|
|College of Business||Shaokun (Carol) Yu|
|College of Education||Todd Reeves||three-year term|
|College of Engineering and Engineering Technology||Shun Takai||three-year term|
|College of Health and Human Sciences||Bryan Dallas||three-year term|
|College of Law||Sharon Nelson (designee)||three-year term|
|College of Liberal Arts and Sciences||Thomas Pingel (Chair)||three-year term|
|College of Visual and Performing Arts||Patricia Skarbinski||three-year term|
|Council of Deans||Fred Barnhart (representative)||three-year term|
|Executive Secretary of the University Council||Jessamine Cooke-Plagwitz (designee) (non-voting)|
|Operating Staff||Rahul Thatte||three-year term|
|Student Representative||Matt Holt||one-year term|
|Supportive Professional Staff||Michael Stang||three-year term|
|University Libraries||Matthew Short||three-year term|
|Vice President for Student Affairs||Mike Kuba (designee)|
|Vice President for University Advancement||Tim Webster (designee)|
- A representative from the Council of Deans, selected by the Council of Deans, for a three-year term.
- Eight faculty members, one from each degree-granting college and the University Libraries. Nominations shall be made by the College Councils and the faculty of the University Libraries and members shall be selected by the CIO. Terms for faculty members shall be three-year staggered.
- One member of the supportive professional staff, selected by the Supportive Professional Staff Council; one member of the operating staff selected by the Operating Staff Council; to serve three-year terms.
- One student representative, selected by the Student Association to serve a one-year term.
- A chair shall be elected by and from the members of the Computing Facilities Advisory Committee.
- The CIO shall serve as a nonvoting, ex officio member of the committee.
- The executive secretary of the University Council, or designee, shall serve as a nonvoting, ex officio member of the committee.