- Ph.D., Classics, University of Edinburgh, 2004
- M.Sc., Classical Archaeology, University of Edinburgh, 1999
- M.St., Classical Archaeology, University of Oxford, 1996
- B.A., Classical Studies and History, Wake Forest University, 1995
- Greek, Roman, and Egyptian art, architecture and archeology.
- The art and archaeology of the Etruscans.
- Sport, spectacles and games in the Roman imperial period.
- The visual representations of slaves, freedmen, and foreigners in Roman imperial art.
- ARTH 486 - Art Historical Methodologies
- ARTH 465 - Introduction to Museum Studies
- ARTH 310 - Studies in Ancient Art
- Egyptian Art
- Aegean Art
- Archaic and Classical Greek Art
- Hellenistic Art
- Etruscan and Early Roman Art
- Roman Imperial Art
- (2016) A Companion to the Etruscans, co-edited with A. Carpino. Malden, MA: Wiley-Blackwell. Pp. 528.
- (2012) Free at Last! The Impact of Freed Slaves on the Roman Empire, co-edited with T. Ramsby. London: Bloomsbury.
- (2008) Role Models in the Roman World: Identity and Assimilation, co-edited with I.L. Hansen. (MAAR Supplementary volume; VII). Ann Arbor: The University of Michigan Press.
- (2014) "Horse Racing and Chariot Racing" (co-authored with C. Willekes). In The Oxford Handbook of Animals in Classical Thought and Life, edited by G. Campbell, 478–90. Oxford: Oxford University Press (invited contribution).
- (2014) "Roman Chariot-Racing: Charioteers, Factions, Spectators." In Wiley-Blackwell Companion to Sport and Spectacle in Greek and Roman Antiquity, edited by P. Christesen and D. Kyle, 492–504. Malden, Mass.: Wiley-Blackwell (invited contribution).
- (2009) "Roman Circus Sarcophagi: New, Lost and Rediscovered Finds." Boreas. Münstersche Beiträge zur Archäologie 30: 127–140, pls. 29–32.
- (2005) "Responding to the Antique. A Rediscovered Roman Circus Sarcophagus and its Renaissance Afterlife." Pegasus. Berliner Beiträge zum Nachleben der Antike 7: 49–80.
- Fellow, The American Academy in Rome
- Fellow, Deutscher Akademischer Austauschdienst
- Fellow, Howard Foundatio