- Health Services Home
- After Hours Medical Care
- About Us
- Appointments & Fees
- Available Services
- DeKalb/Sycamore Area Physicians
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Health Education
- Hours & Location
- International Students
- Preventive Medicine
- Patient Rights & Responsibilities
- Privacy & Confidentiality
- Student Health Advisory Council (SHAC)
- Student Health Insurance
- Contact Us
- Student Affairs & Enrollment Management
Pregnancy Testing Options
If you have done a home pregnancy test and the results are:
1. Positive – There is no need to repeat the pregnancy test.
- Please contact your personal physician, an obstetrician, or your county health department for further medical care. In DeKalb County, DeKalb County Health Department: Healthy Moms, Healthy Kids Program. Call 815-758-6673 for more information.
- Please review the Pregnancy Option Counseling sheet for additional information.
2. Negative – You’re unlikely pregnant. However, if you did the pregnancy test before a missed period, you may want to repeat the test a day or two after the first missed period.
If you think you may be pregnant and haven’t done a pregnancy test, a home pregnancy test should be done.
- Health Services Pharmacy – Approximate Cost: $5 for a single kit; $9 for a double test kit.
- We Care Pregnancy (Corner Fifth & Pine, DeKalb, 815-748-4242) - No cost
- Retail pharmacy - Cost: $5 - $15
- Planned Parenthood Centers - visit www.plannedparenthood.org for locations & cost
Please note, pregnancy testing is:
- More accurate as time gets closer to the date of the expected period.
- Most accurate if used after a missed period.