Collaboration and Conferencing
NIU's Division of Information Technology (DoIT) provides collaboration and conferencing tools for hosting academic classes, training courses, webinars and demonstrations; attending virtual meetings through audio or video conferencing; and sharing documents and other files in real-time collaboration. These collaboration and conferencing tools include:
- MeetMe audio conference calls for up to 30 users;
- Microsoft Skype for Business is simplified audio and/or video conferencing for NIU's O365 users; and
- Toll-free audio conference with optional call recording and locking conference only to invited participants.
Document Sharing and Collaboration
- NIU Google Apps for Education for students;
- Microsoft OneDrive for Business for real-time collaboration on documents edited in Microsoft Online applications; and
- Microsoft SharePoint is delivered with NIU's Office365 license, but will not be available until June 2016.
- Adobe Connect, supported by NIU's eLearning Services, allows users to meet and collaborate with audio and video controls, break-out rooms, class recording, and remote desktop control;
- Blackboard Collaborate for academic courses or non-academic web conferences, training sessions and virtual meetings;
- BlueJeans is being piloted by DoIT and selected users; and
- Microsoft Skype for Business is simplified audio and/or video conferencing for NIU's O365 users.
|Audio Conference: Meet Me||free||Email ServiceDesk@niu.edu|
|Audio Conference: Toll-free||$0.12/minute/participant