Collaboration and Conferencing
NIU's Division of Information Technology (DoIT) provides collaboration and conferencing tools for hosting academic classes, training courses, webinars and demonstrations; attending virtual meetings through audio or video conferencing; and sharing documents and other files in real-time collaboration.
- MeetMe audio conference calls for up to 30 users;
- Microsoft Skype for Business is simplified audio and/or video conferencing for NIU's O365 users; and
- Toll-free audio conference with optional call recording and locking conference only to invited participants.
Document Sharing and Collaboration
- Microsoft OneDrive for Business for real-time collaboration on documents edited in Microsoft Online applications;
- Microsoft SharePoint is delivered with NIU's Office 365 license; and
- Microsoft Office 365 Groups - for documents, spreadsheets, project plans, scheduling, and group email.
- Adobe Connect, supported by NIU's eLearning Services, allows users to meet and collaborate with audio and video controls, break-out rooms, class recording, and remote desktop control;
- Blackboard Collaborate for academic courses or non-academic web conferences, training sessions and virtual meetings;
- BlueJeans is being piloted by DoIT and selected users; and
- Microsoft Skype for Business is simplified audio and/or video conferencing for NIU's O365 users.
- Adobe Connect
- Blackboard Collaborate
- Office 365
- OneDrive (O365)
- Skype / Lync (O365)
- Student Gmail: webmail.students.niu.edu