Individuals and groups interested in participating in Adventure Trips must register by the registration deadline. Participants can register others such as friends or family members as long as the required paperwork and forms are complete and payment is made at the time of registration.
- Online registration is available for events that are free or for trips that are paid via credit card or bursars account are accepted by following the link provided on the webpage of the trip.
- Registration can also be taken at the kiosk computers inside of the Student Recreation Center for cash, check, Huskie Bucks or bursar payment made at the Adventure Center during regular hours of operation.
- Campus Recreation accepts cash, check (made out to NIU), MasterCard, Visa, Discover and American Express.
- There are fee differences for early and regular registration and between current NIU Students and faculty/staff or Campus Recreation members as well as the general public/community.
Participants complete the required forms during the online registration process:
- Acknowledge and acceptance of the Assumption of Risks and Liability Release Agreement (PDF)
- Medical Information form This form is kept on file and required to be updated when any of the information is no longer accurate.
- Proof of current health insurance is required at time of registration and must be included on the Medical Information Form
- Acknowledgement and acceptance of the Drug and Alcohol Policy (PDF)
- Meetings are scheduled for all overnight and extended trips
- Attendance at pre-trip meetings is required
- Special circumstances may exempt a participant from attending a pre-trip meeting but the individual must make arrangements with the assistant director prior to the scheduled meeting date
- Pre-trip meetings include important information about trip schedules, equipment, health and risk information and some pre-trip training
- Minimum participation requirements are established for all trips. Trips not reaching minimum enrollment levels will be canceled and registration fees will be refunded.
- Refunds are only given for canceled trips or for a documented medical situation.
- Trip or clinic registrations can be transferred to another participant or to a future trip if requests are made prior to the registration deadline.
- If students register for a program or service with a payment plan and their credit card does not process properly then the students’ bursar account will be charged.
- If non-student members registers for a program or service using a payment plan and their credit card does not process properly the non-student member will be contacted. The non-student member must resolve the problem within three business day. If the non-student member does not resolve the issue then Campus Recreation will suspend access to the program or service until payment is resolved.
- Outdoor adventure has an inherent risk of injury or death.
- Campus Recreation trips and activities are conducted with safety in mind; however, participants are also responsible for their own safety.
- Northern Illinois University, Campus Recreation, Outdoor Adventures and its employees assume no liability for damages that arise during or from participation in Outdoor Adventure programs.
- Adventure Trips
- Outdoor Adventures