Theses and Dissertations Supervised
- Dissertation: "Attentional Control, Attentional Threat Bias and Posttraumatic Stress Symptomatology" (May 2012).
- Thesis: "The Impact of Family Violence, Beliefs About Violence and Gender Roles, and High School Athletic Participation on Male Dating Violence Perpetration" (Fall 2012).
- Thesis: "Emotional Expressiveness as a Potential Mediator between Sex and Treatment Preferences for Posttraumatic Stress Disorder" (February 2014).
- Dissertation "Testing the Effects of Expressive Writing on PTSD Symptom Reduction: Examining the Role of Event Centrality" (June 2017).
- Dissertation: "Effectiveness of Hatha Yoga and Body Scan in Reducing Symptoms of Generalized Anxiety Disorder" (August 2012).
- Thesis: "The Effects of Preexisting Beliefs about Alcohol Consumption on Predicting Victim Blame in Incapacitated and Drug and Alcohol Facilitated Rape" (Defending in March 2019).
- Dissertation: "Automatic processing of guilt stimuli in sexual assault survivors with posttraumatic stress disorder" (July 2006).
- Thesis: "Emotion Regulation as a Potential Moderator Between Reinforcement Sensitivity and Posttraumatic Stress Symptoms" (Spring 2012).
- Dissertation: "Emotion Regulation Choice Among Undergraduates with Posttraumatic Stress Symptoms (June 2015).
- Dissertation: "Examination Of An Information Processing Model Of Posttraumatic Stress Disorder" (July 2005).
- Dissertation: "Examining the Utility of a Brief Self-Compassion Intervention for Emotion Regulation in Individuals with Exposure to Trauma" (Proposed August 2018).
- Dissertation: "Diary Study of the Relationship between Sexual Risk Taking and Strategies for Reducing Negative Affect" (August 2008).
- Thesis: "Use of Sexual Intercourse to Reduce Negative Affect: Implications for Sexual Decision-Making and Risky Sexual Behavior" (May 2006).
- Dissertation: "An Event-Level Analysis of the Sexual Behavior of College Females: Effects of Motivation, Emotion, and Alcohol Use" (August 2011).
- Thesis: "The Process of Therapeutic Change in the Attention Training Technique" (Proposing in spring 2019).
- Thesis: "Self Compassion And Mindfulness As Predictors of Distress Symptom Severity and Well Being" (Spring 2012).
- Dissertation: "Physiological Response to Loving Kindness Meditation in College Women Reporting High and Low Levels of Fear of Self-Compassion" (April 2016).
Brooke Pope Kurby
- Thesis: "Attachment Anxiety and the Activation of Strategic Words in a Lexical Decision Task" (March 2005)
- Dissertation: "Relationship of Adult Romantic Attachment-Anxiety and -Avoidance to Forgiveness of Interpersonal Transgressions: A Longitudinal Investigation" (August 2009).
- Thesis: "An Exploratory Investigation of the Construct Validity of Experiential Avoidance" (March 2005)
- Dissertation: "Reactions to Distressing Events during Emotional Imagery in College Students Reporting High and Low Levels of Experiential Avoidance" (July 2008).
- Dissertation: "Cognitive Bias Modification for negative sexual assault disclosure experiences: Examining a mechanism for improving post-disclosure well-being" (Proposed: August 2017).
- Thesis: "Effects of Written Disclosure on Experiential Avoidance, Emotional Expressiveness, and Psychological Well-Being in College Students" (August 2005).
- Dissertation: "Coping as a Mediator in the Prospective Relationship between Personality and PTSD Symptoms in Operation Iraqi Freedom (OIF) Combat Veterans" (August 2010).
- Thesis: "Exploring the Relationship Between Facets of Mindfulness and Emotion Regulatory Flexibility" (August 2018).
- Thesis: "Examining the Structure of Emotion Regulation: A Factor-Analytic Approach" (April 2014).
- Dissertation "The Impact of Mindfulness Meditation on Fear Load and Fear Inhibition: Examining Parasympathetic Activation as an Underlying Mechanism" (May 2016).