Pick Museum of Anthropology
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update
The health and well-being of our visitors and staff is our highest priority, the Pick Museum of Anthropology is implementing the following procedures:
- Gallery visits will be available only through time-ticketed reservations made online through Eventbrite. Reservations are for a 45-minute visit. Admission is still free.
- Guests will be required to complete a wellness check before entering the gallery confirming that they do not have associated symptoms or had any recent contact with someone who has tested positive for with COVID-19.
- If you or a close contact has experienced symptoms within two weeks of your planned visit, please reschedule your visit.
- Only one household unit will be admitted with a limited capacity of 10 visitors.
- Masks are required for all staff and visitors 2 years and older. Masks must cover the mouth and nose completely and should be worn at all times while in Cole Hall and the Pick Museum.
- The gallery will be sanitized between visits and hand sanitizer will be available at the entrance to the gallery.
- Visitors must maintain physical distancing (six feet) from museum staff.
Note: the cost of admission to the museum is free, but parking in the NIU visitor lot is $5 per vehicle.
The museum serves as a teaching museum for the university, providing opportunities for students and faculty to conduct collections research, co-curate exhibitions and enrich curriculum with object-based learning. Special exhibitions promote cultural awareness and solidarity in support of global social justice. Programs and events invite campus and community audiences to explore human and cultural diversity with the museum.
We look forward to seeing you at the Pick!