Office 365 Governance Sub-Committee
Approved: 30 March 2016
The Office 365 Sub-Committee governs the implementation, enhancement and efficient use of Northern Illinois University’s Office365 environment. This committee establishes priorities and allocates resources for product/system selections, implementations, enhancements and major upgrades.
As part of the Northern Illinois University information technology governance structure, this governance sub- committee derives its authority from the IT Steering Committee (ITSC).
- Review the release of new features and applications. Some of these releases may be to certain segments of the university population, while others may be released to everyone at once.
- Discuss and recommend how roles and permissions should be implemented.
- Create or endorse best practices for using Office365 applications such as OneDrive, SharePoint, OneNote, Skype for Business, etc.
- Review marketing and communications materials about Office365 and its impact on how NIU faculty teach courses, how NIU staff conduct business, and how NIU students collaborate and learn.
Members may be nominated by anyone, but the IT Steering Committee approves all initial members and subsequent membership changes.
Members are expected to represent the best interest of the entire institution and not just their own unit. However, members are also expected to communicate the activities and decisions of the sub-committee back to their own unit and bring unit concerns back to the sub-committee.
Members will serve three-year terms, with membership terms staggered in equal measure throughout the sub- committee. All members may serve consecutive terms.
|Armbrust, Susie (non-voting)||Information Security Analyst, Division of IT|
|Bender, Brian||Instructor, College of Business|
|Biletzky, Eric||Manager, Information Services, Graduate School|
|Click, Aline||Director, eLearning Services, Outreach, Engagement and Regional Development|
|Collins, Jennifer (non-voting)||IT Service Manager, Division of IT|
|Cotto, Abe (non-voting)||Cloud Services Engineer, Division of IT|
|Estes, Steven||Academic Advisor, College of Liberal Arts & Sciences|
|Jankowski, Kyle (student)||Secretary, Residence Hall Association|
|Johnson, Andrew (non-voting)||Manager, Infrastructure Applications, Division of IT|
|Karim, Sarah (student)||Administrative Vice President, Residence Hall Association|
|Kearsing, John (non-voting)||Project Manager, Division of IT|
|Kenney, Ann||IT Technical Associate, Human Resource Services|
|Kuba, Michael||Assistant Director, Housing & Dining|
|Lagana, Brandon||Director, Career Services|
|Lance, Brian||Assistant to the VP, Student Affairs and Enrolllment Management|
|Larry, Jason||Tech Support Coordinator, College of Liberal Arts & Sciences|
|Marshall, Jevonte (student)||Director of IT, Student Association|
|O'Brien, Jennice||Director, Office of Creative Services|
|Parks, Matt (non-voting)||Senior Director, Infrastructure, Division of IT|
|Rhode, Jason||Director, Faculty Development and Instructional Design|
|Stankiewicz, Dan (non-voting)||Service Desk Analyst, Division of IT|
|Weiss, Steve||IT Technical Associate, Office of the Bursar|
|Williams, Fred (non-voting)||Senior Director, Operations, Division of IT|
The committee will appoint a chair who will be responsible for:
- Calling all meetings;
- Setting meeting agendas;
- Collecting sub-agendas from functional leads;
- Presiding at all meetings;
- Ensuring that minutes are compiled for each meeting;
- Finalizing minutes before distribution;
- Enforcing committee procedures;
- Preparing information for presentation to the ITSC; and
- Presenting Office 365 Sub-Committee recommendations and reports to the ITSC.
- Review the activities of its sub-committees or committees;
- Approve/deny requests for system/product/service purchases, implementations, and enhancements;
- Establish priorities for resources; and
- Develop recommendations for resources and business cases to be routed to the ITSC.
All members of the Sub-Committee are expected to attend and participate in each meeting. If a member is unable to attend, a substitute should be authorized to attend and vote on behalf of the official committee member.