- Center for the Study of Women, Gender and Sexuality
- Graduate Programs
Graduate Programs in Women's and Gender Studies and LGBT Studies
In our curriculum, we encourage critical inquiry, reflection, and self-expression through classroom practices that promote tolerance for diverse views and sources of knowledge and that provide ample opportunity for synthesis and expression of ideas through discussion and writing.
At the graduate level, we offer the following options:
- Graduate Certificate in LGBT Studies
- Graduate Certificate in Women's and Gender Studies
- Graduate Certificate in Law and Women's Studies
Students may pursue any of our certificates in conjunction with a graduate degree or as a non-degree seeking student-at-large. Learn more about the Student-at-Large status and application information.
Outside of the classroom:
- Graduate programs flyer (PDF ~472KB)
- Why study women, gender, and sexuality?
- We offer a limited number of Graduate Teaching Assistantships.
- Contact the Graduate School to learn about how to apply to graduate programs.
What do our students say?
- “The certificate helped me land my first academic job because my employer was impressed by the breadth of the coursework for this certificate.”
- "I was hired right after graduaction because, in addition to an understanding of issues related to diversity, the certificate helped me gain many of the top skills that employers look for today."
- “The certificate gave me a "leg-up" on (other) job candidates because it demonstrated a dedication to social justice and an ability to work across disciplines.”