In keeping with this mission, our Military Studies Program has several lines of military-related research including:
- Identifying recruits’ pre-military history of violence (childhood and adult) and the consequences of this history on functioning (mental health issues, perpetration issues, victimization issues, performance issues, including attrition) while serving in the military.
- Attempting to understand the impact of combat deployment on rates of family violence (child maltreatment and spouse abuse) within military families.
- Assisting the military in developing and evaluating family violence-related assessment methods.
- Assisting the military in developing and evaluating family violence and sexual assault intervention and prevention programs.
- Tracking and understanding changes in the annual rates of child maltreatment and spouse abuse in military families.
Military Studies Program Publications