Each committee plans and develops programs and activities as they pertain to their areas of concern. Each committee is responsible for the conduct of the programs and reports at the regular meetings of the Executive Committee and at the general membership meetings.
Public Relations Committee
- Facilitate internal and external communication.
- Maintain association website and newsletter.
- Keep members informed on-campus academic activities.
- Publicize association events.
- Recognize faculty contributions.
Social Affairs Committee
- Organize special events.
Faculty and Staff Affairs Committee
- Coordinate special academic events for faculty’s professional, personal or career development.
- Expose BFSA members to work done by faculty and staff across the disciplines.
- Review university affirmative action policies and make recommendations.
- Assign senior faculty mentors to junior faculty.
- Serve as a liaison between faculty and their respective departments.
Student Outreach Committee
- Serve as a liaison to student groups.
- Keep student groups informed of BFA activities.
- Explore possible research opportunities with student organizations.
- Coordinate all aspects of the nomination process.
- Coordinate officer elections.
- Announce election results.