With specialization in linguistic and cognitive anthropology, Professor Bennardo primary geographic focus is Oceania, in particular, Western Polynesia, the Kingdom of Tonga, where he conducted extensive fieldwork.
He currently teaches courses in linguistic anthropology, cognitive anthropology and cognitive science.
- ILAS 261 Language, Mind, and Thought
- ANTH 230 Introduction to Linguist Anthropology
- ANTH 331 Language and Culture
- ANTH 433/690J Cognitive Anthropology
- ANTH 435 Space in Language and Culture
- ANTH 438 Cultural Models: The Language of Culture
- ANTH 490J/590J Nature Across Cultures