Frequently Asked Questions

ParentsIf You Are a Parent ...

The Office of General Counsel represents the University in its legal affairs.  We are not an intake for complaints about the University.  Complaints ought to be directed to the respective NIU entity involved and reference made to any complaint reporting procedures established by that entity.  If you are unsure how to report a complaint, the Office of the Ombudsperson may be able to assist you in identifying appropriate resources. 

Regarding Student Privacy

The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) does not allow us to disclose personally identifiable information about our students, even to parents, without the express written authorization of the student.

To Discuss Issues with University Staff Related to: