Adult Learning Friendly Institution (ALFI) Summit
July 25, 2017
9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Northern Illinois University
Altgeld Hall, Room 315
Cost: $30 per person (includes continental breakfast, lunch, meeting materials, and parking)
This working summit will focus on how each of our institutions can be more responsive to the needs of adult learners by assessing our current status of the adult learning friendly institution (ALFI) principles at our institutions and how to implement them further. The agenda will allow time for work within teams as well as for the development of new collaborations that will expand opportunities for adult learners.
In this case, adult learners refers to any student that is
- over 24 years of age; or
- a veteran or actively serving in the armed services; or
- returning to school after four or more years of employment, homemaking, or other activity; or
- assuming multiple adult roles, such as a parent, spouse/partner, employee, and a student (Penn State, 2015).
Teams from each institution are encouraged, but not required. Consider including representatives from the following areas on
- All student services areas
- Academic affairs
- Outreach/continuing education department
Registration is $30 and covers a continental breakfast, lunch, meeting materials, and parking. Please have each individual from your team register by July 15 at http://go.niu.edu/ALFIsummit
Questions may be directed to Debbie Pixton at email@example.com.