Become Part of an Outstanding Program
NIU’s MPA program is an excellent choice for students who are looking to advance their career in the field of public administration. Here are just a few of the reasons why you should consider Northern Illinois University for your master’s degree.
- We are ranked fifth in the nation in the specialty field of city management and urban policy and twelfth in the field of public finance and budgeting. Those rankings are ahead of programs at all public and private institutions in Illinois and at many elite schools nationwide.
- Paid internships for students who qualify. Students gain invaluable experience working for governmental and non-profit agencies. The average wage for an internship is $14.57 per hour, with a salary range between $10.00 to $20.43 per hour based on the internship organization and location.
- Get a job after graduation. A recent survey found that 99% of NIU MPA graduates obtain full-time employment within six months of their graduation. See where you can go with your degree.
- Our executive format allows you to focus on fewer classes during a semester. Our students take two 8-week courses at a time for intensive learning.
- One-third of all city and county managers in Illinois are alumni our program.
- We were one of the first MPA programs to be fully accredited by the National Association of Schools of Public Affairs and Administration (NASPAA).
Learn more about becoming an MPA student or pursuing a Graduate Certificate in Public Management!