- About the Department
- Undergraduate Programs
- Undergraduate Research Opportunities
- Graduate Programs
- Scholarships & Giving
- Center for the Study of Family Violence and Sexual Assault
- Psychological Services Center
- NIU Collaborative on Early Adolescence
- Center for the Interdisciplinary Study of Language & Literacy
- The Wide Wide World of Psychology Blog
- Psychology A-Z
- Contact Us
- Department Facilities
- Psychology Home
Lisa Paul, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of Psychology
Ph.D.: University of Wyoming, 2010
PTSD; adult sexual trauma; trauma disclosure, particularly disclosure recipients and reactions to victims; trauma-related social support.
FREQUENTLY TAUGHT CLASSES
- PSYC 413 Clinical Psychology Laboratory
- PSYC 654 - Practicum in Psychotherapy
* Indicates graduate student
- Paul, L. A., Walsh, K., McCauley, J. L., Ruggiero, K. J., Resnick, H. S., & Kilpatrick, D. G. (Accepted for publication). Characteristics and life experiences associated with receiving a rape disclosure within a national telephone household probability sample of women. Journal of Community Psychology.
- Paul, L. A., Zinzow, H. B., McCauley, J. L., Kilpatrick, D. G., & Resnick, H. S. (In press). Reporting sexual assault: The role of consultation with, and encouragement by, others. Psychology of Women Quarterly.
- Paul, L. A., Price, M., Gros, D. F., Gros, K. S., McCauley, J. L., Resnick, H. S., Acierno, R., & Ruggiero, K. J. (In press). The associations between loss and posttraumatic stress and depressive symptoms following Hurricane Ike. Journal of Clinical Psychology.
- Paul, L. A., & Sasson, S.* (2013). Post-assault social support: The role of others in helping victims recover. In K. Bletzer (Ed.), Assaults: Interventions, Preventive Strategies and Societal Implications (pp. 51-82). Nova Publishers: New York.
- Paul, L. A., Walsh, K., McCauley, J. L., Ruggiero, K. J., Resnick, H. S., & Kilpatrick, D. G. (2013). College women’s experiences with rape disclosure: A national study. Violence Against Women, 19, 486-502. doi: 10.1177/1077801213487746
- Paul, L. A., Hassija, C. M., & Clapp, J. D. (Accepted for publication). Technological advances in the treatment of trauma: A review of promising practices. Behavior Modification.
- Gros, D. F., Price, M. P., Gros, K. S., Paul, L. A., McCauley, J. L., & Ruggiero, K. J. Relations between loss of services and psychiatric symptoms in urban and non-urban settings following a natural disaster. (In press). Journal of Psychopathology and Behavioral Assessment.
- Ruggiero, K. J., Resnick, H. S., Paul, L. A., Gros, K. S., McCauley, J. L., Acierno, R., Morgan, M., & Galea, S. (2011). Randomized controlled trial of an internet-based intervention using random-digit-dial recruitment: The Disaster Recovery Web Project. Contemporary Clinical Trials, 33, 237-246.
- Grubaugh, A. L., Zinzow, H. M., Paul, L. A., Egede, L. E., & Frueh, B. C. (2011). Trauma exposure and posttraumatic stress disorder in adults with severe mental illness: A critical review. Clinical Psychology Review, 31, 883-899.
- Paul, L. A., Grubaugh, A. L., Ellis, C., Egede, L. E., & Frueh, B. C. (2011). Associations between binge and heavy drinking and health behaviors in a nationally representative sample. Addictive Behaviors, 36, 1240-1245.
- Paul, L. A., & Gray, M. J. (2011). Sexual assault programming on college campuses: Using social psychological belief and behavioral change principles to improve outcomes. Trauma, Violence, & Abuse, 12, 99-109.
- Paul, L. A., Gray, M. J., Elhai, J. D., & Davis, J. D. (2009). Perceptions of peer rape myth acceptance and disclosure among college sexual assault survivors. Psychological Trauma: Theory, Research, Practice & Policy, 1, 231-241.
- Paul, L. A., Gray, M. J., Elhai, J. D., & Massad, P., & Stamm, B. (2006). Promotion of evidence-based practices for child traumatic stress in rural populations: Identification of barriers and promising solutions. Trauma, Violence & Abuse, 7, 260-273.