- About the Department
- Undergraduate Programs
- Undergraduate Research Opportunities
- Graduate Programs
- Scholarships & Giving
- Center for the Study of Family Violence and Sexual Assault
- Psychological Services Center
- NIU Collaborative on Early Adolescence
- Center for the Interdisciplinary Study of Language & Literacy
- The Wide Wide World of Psychology Blog
- Psychology A-Z
- Contact Us
- Department Facilities
- Psychology Home
M. Christine Lovejoy, Ph.D.
Associate Professor of Psychology
Office: PM 303
Ph.D.: University of Iowa, 1986
My research interests are in the areas of child clinical psychology and parenting. Specifically, I am interested in the effects of parental psychopathology and stress on parent-child interactions and adult perceptions of child behavior. I am also interested in social information processing as it is applied to abnormal child behavior in assessment and treatment settings.
FREQUENTLY TAUGHT CLASSES
- Psych 645 Child Psychopathology
- Psych 646 Psychological Assessment of Children
- Psych 654 Practicum in Psychotherapy
- Psych 671D Studies in General Psychology - Quantitative Methods (Research Methods)
- Lundahl, B. W., Tollefson, D., Risser, H., & Lovejoy, M.C. (2008). A meta-analysis of father involvement in parent training. Research on Social Work Practice, 18, 97-106
- Lundahl, B., Risser, H.J., & Lovejoy, M.C. (2006). A meta-analysis of parent training: Moderators and follow-up effects. Clinical Psychology Review, 26, 86-104.
- Weis, R., Lovejoy, M.C., & Lundahl, B. (2005). Factor structure and discriminative validity of the Eyberg Child Behavior Inventory with young children. Journal of Psychopathology and Behavioral Assessment, 27, 269-278.
- Dopke, C.A., Lundahl, B.W., Dunsterville, E., & Lovejoy, M.C. (2003). Interpretations of child compliance in individuals at high and low risk for child physical abuse. Child Abuse and Neglect, 27, 285-302.
- Weis, R. & Lovejoy, M.C. (2002). Information processing in everyday life: Emotion-congruent bias in mothers’ reports of parent-child interactions. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 83, 216-230.
- Lovejoy, M. C., Graczyk, P.A., O’Hare, E., & Neuman, G. (2000). Maternal depression and parenting behavior: A meta-analytic review. Clinical Psychology Review, 20, 561-592.
- Lovejoy, M. C., Weis, R., O’Hare, E., & Rubin, E. C.(1999). Development and initial validation of the Parent Behavior Inventory. Psychological Assessment, 11, 534-545.