- Prospective Student Home
- NIU Law Viewbook
- Quick Facts
- Apply/Check Status
- On-Campus Events
- Off-Campus Events
- Plan Your Visit/Contact Us
- Diversity at NIU Law
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Tuition, Fees, and Budgets
- Types of Financial Aid
- Consumer Information
- Frequently Asked Financial Questions
- College of Law Home
Scholarships, Grants, and Writing Contests
First-Year Student Scholarships:
- Several scholarships and grants specific to NIU College of Law are awarded to first-year students each year. Simply by applying to NIU College of Law, each applicant is considered for these scholarships. There is no additional application required. Scholarships and grants through NIU College of Law provide full or partial tuition waivers. Scholarships are based on LSAT scores and GPAs, as well as on residency, special interests, or demonstrated leadership qualities.
Private Scholarships and Writing Contests:
- The NIU College of Law Office of Admissions & Financial Aid publishes and maintains a library of scholarships, grants, and writing contests available for current law students in the Docket.
- Students are encouraged to investigate scholarships, grants, and writing contests through their local bar associations or through other groups with which they or their parents are affiliated.