Early Decision Transfer Program
Northern Illinois University College of Law welcomes transfer applications from qualified applicants for early decision.
Priority Deadline for Early Decision: January 16, 2017
- Apply by this date to take full advantage of the early decision advantages and the limited number of available transfer spots.
Final Deadline for Early Decision: February 6, 2017
- Apply by this date to take advantage of the early decision advantages and the remaining available transfer spots.
- Transfer applications submitted after February 6, 2017 will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Application & Admission
You can apply now online. When you apply:
- We will activate your file and await receipt of your first semester law school grades.
- Within two weeks of receiving your first semester transcript, we will make a decision and notify you.
The decision will be based on your overall record, including undergraduate GPA, LSAT, and an evaluation of your entire file, and will require maintaining a law school GPA in your second semester that is comparable to your first semester.
If you are admitted early, your studies would begin in the fall of 2017. A decision regarding specific course credits that will be credited from your first year of law school will be made in the summer, and you will be counseled regarding your class schedule so that you can integrate into the Northern Law program.
The early transfer decision allows you to begin making plans to join us at Northern Law, including securing housing if necessary. Although your classes at Northern Law will not begin until the fall, we will welcome you into our community by inviting you to spring co-curricular and extra-curricular events, and invite you to our “Spring Transfer Weekend” to introduce you formally to Northern Law.