Financing your Education


Student Financial Aid

Undocumented students are not eligible for State or Federal Financial Aid (FAFSA). However, U.S. citizen students whose parents are undocumented are eligible to complete the FAFSA as long as parents file income taxes with an ITIN. For additional information, contact NIU's Financial Aid department and request a staff member with expertise in working with U.S. citizen students of undocumented parents.

Contact Us

Sandy López
Coordinator for Undocumented Student Support
Academic Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
236 Campus Life Building
DeKalb IL 60115