Read moreOn Track Speech and Language Summer Camp (Ages 3-5)
Monday and Wednesday, July 8-31, 8:30 to 10:30 a.m.
NIU Speech-Language Hearing Clinic
3100 Sycamore Road, DeKalb, IL
Enrollment is limited.
Our Speech-Language Pathology Program offers Speech and Language Camps for children ages 3 to 5 (Preschool-Kindergarten). These 4-week camps are supervised by a licensed Speech-Language Pathologist and conducted by a team of graduate students enrolled in the NIU Speech-Language Pathology Program.
- Designed for children with mild to moderate articulation, phonological, and language delays or deficits.
- Weekly camp themes targeted to build vocabulary, grammatical concepts and phonological processes.
- Fun way for your child to stay on track with speech and language skills and successfully begin the school year.
Contact Emily Palmer, 815-753-6524, firstname.lastname@example.org, for information and to register.
Read moreSTEM Juniors and STEM Divas Day Camps
Grades 2-5, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Daily.
Before and after care available 7:30 a.m. to 4:40 p.m.
Read MoreEsport Bootcamp
Grades 7-12. August 5-9, 2019. 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Daily.
815-753-0673 or email@example.com
Do you like to play video games or watch gamers on YouTube or Twitch.tv? Find out how you can play video games competitively in college, learn about esports careers and advance your video game skills.
Read moreSTEM Careers
Grades 10-12. July 28-August 2, 2019. Residential-DeKalb Campus
815-753-0533 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Campers can investigate different STEM careers by choosing the track that interests them most.
- Engineering You’ll complete a series of hands-on engineering projects as you learn about the different careers available to engineers, meet with NIU Engineering faculty and tour our engineering and tech labs.
- Health Sciences Learn how scientists are helping people live healthier lives as we meet
with pharmacologists, biomedical engineers, epidemiologists and other health professionals, and perform hands-on experiments.
- Project Design Build your own projects using power tools, 3D printers, soldering irons and more as you explore technology design careers and learn about the process of prototyping and bringing a product to market.
- Video Game Design with NIU's Digital Convergence Lab Try your hand at game design and learn about the various careers available as you use professional software to design and develop a playable video game