- Student Government Association
- Huskie Line
The Huskie Line is a free bus service to all active NIU students with a valid NIU OneCard. It serves the main campus, including classroom buildings, parking lots, offices and residence halls as well as routes heading off campus to local apartments, shopping centers and food establishments. One route serves the Sycamore shopping areas as well.
Huskie bus routes operate from 7 a.m. until midnight, when NIU is in full session. During break service periods such as spring break, summer break or winter break, Huskie buses operate from 7 a.m until 10:30 p.m.
The Huskie Line is operated by the City of DeKalb as part of the DeKalb Public Transit system.
ETA SPOT is a GPS app you can download on your smartphone that lets you know where Huskie Safe Line and the Huskie Buses are at all times.
- NIU students, staff, and faculty ride free if they present their current NIU One Card.
- 50¢ for general public (exact change only)
- 25¢ for senior citizens/disabled/K–12 students (exact change only)
- Children under five years age ride free with an adult.
Suggestions or Complaints
The Mass Transit Board is continually trying to improve the Huskie Line bus system.
For student-related suggestions or complaints please contact the student association at 815-753-0483.