Graduate Student and Assistantship Recruitment Program
The Graduate Student and Assistantship Recruitment Program (GSARP) is a collaborative effort between the Division of Student Affairs and the College of Education Department of Counseling and Higher Education (CAHE). This partnership allows us to provide you with a vigorous academic program and hands-on practical experience to help you become a successful Student Affairs practitioner. By participating in GSARP, you'll learn about the benefits of being a graduate assistant in Student Affairs or a partnering department.
Thursday, March 19 - Friday, March 20, 2020
If you'll be starting a CAHE program in the fall 2020 semester or are a current CAHE student and want to find an assistantship, GSARP Weekend is for you. This two-day program will introduce you to NIU and Student Affairs, as well as the CAHE department and other partnering departments. You'll also have the opportunity to interview for graduate assistantship positions.
The program includes many activities:
- Informational sessions
- Panel discussion with current graduate students
- Leadership development panel with current Student Affairs professionals
- Tour of Housing and Residential Services apartments (optional)
- Student social and dinner (optional)
All meals will be provided. Check-in for the weekend begins the morning of Thursday, March 19 and the program ends Friday, March 20, in the afternoon.
Registration for GSARP will open the week of January 20, 2020. For more information visit the Department of Counseling and Higher Education's website.
- Admissions - Campus Tours
- Career Services
- Center for Black Studies
- College of Education - Student Services
- Counseling and Higher Education - Admission and Recruitment
- Counseling and Consultation Services
- First and Second Year Experience
- Gender and Sexuality Resource Center
- Housing and Residential Services*
- Military and Post-Traditional Student Services
- Office of Student Engagement and Experiential Learning
- Office of Undergraduate Studies
- Recreation and Wellness*
- Student Affairs - Assessment Office
- Student Athlete Academic Support Services
- Student Involvement and Leadership Development*
- University Honors Program
In addition, we are excited to have graduate assistantships open at Waubonsee College - Office of Student Life*.
* Multiple positions available.
- GA Experience
For questions about GSARP Weekend, please contact: