September 11, 2017
For the week ahead...
- Express Yourself: International Day of Democracy is September 15th. Learn how to successfully exercise your Freedom of Expression on our campus.
- Strength in Unity: Join us for the 4th Annual Unity March.
- Going Greek: If you are thinking about becoming a member of a fraternity or sorority (or currently are a member), it’s important to understand what it means to wear those letters.
- Character Day: September 13. Celebrate by taking 8 minutes to watch this video and find ways to use your strongest traits to achieve success.
- Go Global: Expand your learning through study abroad. Within 12 months of graduation, 97% of students who studied abroad had a job, 49% for those who did not. The 25th Annual Study Abroad Fair is September 20th.
And speaking of democracy, globalization and character, a quote ... ”To be a good citizen, it’s important to be able to put yourself in other people’s shoes. If everything you see is rooted in your own identity, that becomes difficult or impossible” - Eli Pariser.
Have a great week!
Kelly Wesener Michael, Ed.D.
Associate Vice President for Student Affairs
Chief Student Affairs Officer & Dean of Students