- Virtual Programs
We are dedicated to helping you have fun, live well and feel your best.
While physical social distancing is important for our health, virtual connectivity remains critical for our social, mental and emotional wellness. Within this page, you will find RecWell programs available virtually to support your ability to stay engaged and connected to the campus community.
- Get support for your at-home fitness goals with virtual personal training.
- Receive private virtual nutrition coaching to maintain your nutritional balance.
- Improve your cooking skills with our nutrition team’s recipe and food demo videos.
- Be informed, be proactive and be well by exploring health topics.
- Explore our online magazine, Mission Wellness. Discover healthy recipes, exercise videos, mental health tips and more.
- Follow us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for health and wellness tips.
- Join our weekly Facebook Live fitness classes, like yoga and “Butts & Guts.”
- Try our workout of the day videos on Facebook and Instagram.
- Get exercise tips from our home workout videos.
- Feeling adventurous? Climb a tree and join Outdoor Adventures’ tree climbing challenge.
- If you are unable to go outside, but are craving nature, try going on a virtual hike with your friends.
- Grab your art supplies and paint with us at our Facebook Live Paint Nights.
- Missed our paint night event? Re-watch our first Paint Night whenever!
- Compete in the online intramural games and become a Flash Cup champion.
- Are you a trick shot pro? Enter and win in our Trick Shot Video Competition.
- Get in on a casual NIU Esports pick-up game. Everyone is invited.
- Test your trivia knowledge at the Quarantine Quiz Show every Wednesday at 7 p.m. Hosted by the Recwithoutborders Twitch Channel.
- Join a student club on Huskie Link.
Connect and Learn
- See how your peers are being well at home with our Huskies at Home video series.
- Want to learn from health and wellness experts? Attend our Facebook Live discussion series: Ask the Experts.
- Watch our first episode of Ask the Experts with our Nutrition Coaches.
- Connect with your peers by joining our Talk about it Tuesday: a Facebook Live discussion about how to be well as a student.
- Learn new skills and explore your interests with LinkedIn Learning.
- Connect with yourself by being mindful or practicing meditation. Try using the Headspace or Calm apps to help.