- COVID-19 Plan
The safety of our patrons and team members is what is most important. Using a carefully planned and phased approach, we are open and each of us play an important role in making a safe experience for everyone.
In accordance with governmental orders and guidelines, we are taking precautions to help our patrons and staff stay safe and healthy. This includes extensive cleaning protocols, enhanced procedures, and social distancing practices within our facility. You will notice increased spacing between the equipment and within workout areas to allow for appropriate social distancing.
NIU Rec Center is open!
Summer Recreation Center Hours (Effective May 3, 2021)
Monday-Friday: 7-9 a.m., 11 a.m.-2 p.m. and 4-7 p.m.
Anderson Pool Summer Lap Swim Hours
Monday-Friday: 6:15-8:05 a.m. and 11:15-1:05 p.m.
Note: one person per lane so you must pre-register for your 55-minute time slot on the Rec Reservation website. Only five spots are available per time slot.
- All NIU employees, students and guests, whether vaccinated or not, are required to wear masks indoors.
- Guests are not allowed at this time.
- One-month memberships are available.
- Pre-screening questions are posted on a large sign at the welcome desk.
- Hand sanitizer is available as you enter the facility.
- All fitness equipment and machines have been safely spaced at least six feet apart. Some are relocated onto the multipurpose courts.
- High-risk areas of the facility are temporarily closed.
- Please practice excellent personal hygiene and wipe down equipment before and after each use.
- Staff constantly monitor and clean the machines, equipment and touchpoints.
- Facility hours are reduced and break times added for deep cleaning.
- Bring a minimum number of belongings to the Rec, like a towel, water bottle and duffle bag.