Faculty, Staff and Community
Memberships for non-students are available.
Requires OneCard/NIU Community Card for access. Note: some facilities may be closed or limited due to COVID-19.
- Recreation Center
- Outdoor Recreation Sports Complex
- Chick Evans Field House
- New Hall Fitness Room
- Gilbert Hall Fitness Room
- Anderson Pool (AN 113)
Rec Membership Amenities
- Group fitness class schedule
- Reserved and daily locker options
- Towel service
- Anderson access pass (for pool access)
- Free individual sessions with an expert- included with your initial membership. Just send an email to request to email@example.com for:
- One personal training assessment
- Equipment orientation at the Recreation Center
Except for metered parking, permits are required to park on campus from 7 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Friday.
Parking is free after 5 p.m. and on weekends.
The parking lots in front of the Recreation Center and Chick Evans Field House require a blue or yellow parking permit.
Community recreation members can get a discounted parking permit. These can be purchased on-line.
Metered parking spaces at the Recreation Center are designated by large white signs. Anyone can park in the metered parking spots. Fees for metered spots are $.25 per 15 minutes for up to two hours. The metered spaces are located to the left of the front doors of the Student Recreation Center.
Parking along Stadium Drive East is for blue, yellow and brown permit parking. Lot K, located south of Stadium Drive, is for yellow, brown and orange permit parking. See campus map.
All RecWell group fitness instructors are CPR/AED certified and many hold nationally recognized group fitness certifications. Our instructors have previous group fitness leadership experience prior to
Yes. Memberships are available for spouses, partners in a civil union, domestic partners
No. Alumni memberships are available for graduates of NIU only.
- Online with a credit card
- In person at the Membership Services counter with cash, check or credit card
- Payroll deduction - come to the Membership Services counter for the payroll deduction form. After submitting, RecWell staff will process.
No. Faculty and staff taking classes on NIU campuses are not eligible for student privileges.
To qualify for a refund, submit a request in writing to CampusRecreation@niu.edu. Refunds are permitted for the following reasons:
- Military service
- Moving away from the region
Documentation verifying the reason must be provided. Membership refunds will be pro-rated. If the refund is approved by Rec Well, your payment will be reimbursed using the same method of payment (i.e., check, credit card or payroll deduction).
If you are a faculty, staff or student member, use your NIU email to log in to registration. The password for the Outreach registration system is not linked to your email password. If this is your first time using the system, click "Click Here" next to "Forgot Your Password?" You will receive an email from Outreach which will guide you through the process of setting up a password.