S.A.F.E. Training

17-citizens-police-academy-0222-wd-060

The NIU Department of Police and Public Safety now offers S.A.F.E. (Self-Defense, Awareness, Familiarization, Exchange) as a community service to women. S.A.F.E. is a two-hour educational awareness, crime-victim prevention program. S.A.F.E. encompasses strategies, techniques, options and prevention that provides women with information that may reduce their risk of exposure to violence and introduces them to the physical aspects of self-defense.

In S.A.F.E. you will learn information and techniques that will reduce your risk of exposure to violence and introduces you to the physical aspects of self-defense.

Taught by certified instructors, S.A.F.E. is based upon the philosophy that violent crimes are crimes of opportunity, and when you remove the element of opportunity, you reduce the risk of attack, and that 90% of self-defense is mental preparedness and the other 10% is physical.

Registration

Contact Us

In case of emergency: Call 911

Non-Emergency Phone Number: 815-753-1212

Email: niupd@niu.edu

Connect with us on