If you’re coming to campus, it’s time to download the #CampusClear app
August 18, 2020
Dear NIU Student,
If you’re living on campus or taking classes on campus this fall, it’s time to download the #CampusClear app. Using #CampusClear, you’ll answer a single-question, daily self-survey to assess any symptoms you may be experiencing related to COVID-19. Huskies are taking care of Huskies, and by self-reporting your symptoms every day, you’re helping to keep our campus community safe.
How to use #CampusClear:
- Download the #CampusClear app from your appropriate app store.
- Sign in as a student. You must use your niu.edu email address. Student emails end in @students.niu.edu.
- Choose Northern Illinois University from the list of schools.
- The system will send you an email to authenticate you into #CampusClear. Click on the link in your NIU email and return to the app.
- Every morning, evaluate how you’re feeling. You’ll log which symptoms you’re experiencing, or if you’re healthy and haven’t been exposed to COVID-19, you’ll just choose “No Symptoms” and then press “See Result.” Based on your responses, you’ll receive a message that you’re either “Good to Go” or that you should stay where you are and take further steps.
Please enable notifications from #CampusClear on your device so the app can remind to you answer the self-screening question every weekday at 7:30 a.m. If you’re coming to campus on a weekend, you should still use the app; you just won’t receive a reminder notification.
For more information, please review these Frequently Asked Questions or email firstname.lastname@example.org.